Stand united with the children of South Sudan this 40 Hour Famine – Sign Up Now.

Together we are on a mission

To change the lives of the world's most vulnerable children.

We go where we are needed most, providing relief in emergency situations, work on long-term community development projects and advocate for local and global political change to assist millions of people worldwide.

What we do

What we do
Community Development: We address not only immediate problems such as inadequate food and water supplies, or poor hygiene and health, but also long-term challenges such as food security, education, and economic stability.

Emergency Relief: Around the globe, pre-positioned supplies and experienced staff are ready to respond to emergencies with food, water, shelter, and safe spaces for children. Our goal, wherever possible, is supporting medium- to long-term recovery and rehabilitation.

Advocacy: Our advocacy work takes many forms and works at different levels to bring about change. Our aim is to encourage everyone to engage in the fight against poverty and injustice both here in New Zealand and overseas

We work hard to ensure all resources entrusted to us are used effectively to bring maximum impact. World Vision New Zealand is: 
  • registered with the Charities Commission (registration CC25984) 
  • a member of the Council for International Development (CID) and is a signatory to the CID Code of Conduct (
  • externally and independently audited by PricewaterhouseCoopers New Zealand
  • governed by a voluntary board of New Zealand trustees
  • accountable to our international body, World Vision International
  • aligned with international codes of conduct setting standards and benchmarks
  • committed to best-practice accountability to reduce the risk of corruption and fraud
  • regularly peer-reviewed for adherence to governance and management standards


Your generosity is behind everything we do

Your generosity is behind everything we do
It’s your commitment that enables us to bring positive change to the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children.

Last year 80.4 per cent of donated dollars went to our work overseas, bringing real and lasting change to millions of people in need. The remaining 19.6 per cent enabled us to advocate for greater change and to leverage your donations, turning your $1 into far more in the field.

Read our Annual Report 
World Vision New Zealand is a registered charity. Our Charity Commission Registration Number is CC25984