Every $1 you donate will provide $23 worth of life-saving food aid to families in desperate need.

A $75 donation today will provide $1,725 worth of food aid, enough to feed 248 people for a month.

Donate to the World Food Programme today

I want to give

NZD
DonationOption (Do not delete this option)
--donation--48666
The minimum contribution for this option is $0.01
Every $1 you give provides $23 worth of food to the world's hungriest children

World Food Programme

Every $1 you give provides $23 worth of food to the world's hungriest children

While many advances have been made to eliminate hunger in the world, a staggering 795 million people still go hungry - that's one in every nine people. 

In partnership with the UN World Food Programme (WFP), we are currently providing emergency food aid in Lebanon, Iraq, Uganda, Myanmar, Tanzania, Rwanda, Malawi, Mali, Niger, Sudan, South Sudan, Cambodia and Zimbabwe. Every contribution is making a huge difference.

We are working together to feed those devastated by hunger. Every contribution is making a huge difference.

Every $1 you donate we can provide $23 worth of food aid

Donate to the World Food Programme today

I want to give

NZD
DonationOption (Do not delete this option)
--donation--48666
The minimum contribution for this option is $0.01

Famine has been officially declared in parts of South Sudan

Over 3 million people have been forced to flee their homes

4.8 million are suffering from acute hunger and malnutrition

686,300 children under age 5 are acutely malnourished

With your help we are distributing monthly food rations

With your help we are distributing monthly food rations

World Vision has stepped up its operations in South Sudan in response to recent outbreaks of violence. “Children are suffering extreme deprivation, including malnourishment, displacement, emotional distress and poor health” - Perry Mansfield, National Director of World Vision South Sudan. 

In partnership with the WFP our monthly staple food rations contain cereals, pulses, vegetable oil and salt. Families are also given food vouchers to allow them to purchase fresh ingredients from local markets.


How our partnership saves lives

World Vision and the World Food Programme provide life-saving emergency food aid to those impacted by conflict or long-term food shortages.
  • We go where needed most. We are currently partnering across 12 countries to feed the most vulnerable.
  • We focus on malnourished children under five years and pregnant and breast-feeding mothers.
  • We teach essential feeding practices to families, ensuring better nutrition for children in the future.
  • We continuously work to improve our operations to reduce costs.


Where your money goes

Your generosity is behind everything we do, and we ensure your donation has the biggest impact in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Last year 80.8 per cent of donated dollars went to our work overseas, bringing real and lasting change to millions of people in need. The remaining 19.2 per cent enabled us to advocate for greater change and to leverage your donations, turning your $1 into far more in the field.

Related Stories

Every $1 provides $23 worth of food aid

Donate to the World Food Programme today

I want to give

NZD
DonationOption (Do not delete this option)
--donation--48666
The minimum contribution for this option is $0.01